The biggest problem when starting your online business is making sure your ideas are profitable.
This is why I’ve been hard at work putting together resources that focus entirely on helping you understand the profitability of your business ideas.
I realized that there’s a ton of people out there giving advice on online businesses, but very little actual business advice. I’ve distilled my Internet MBA knowledge into several FREE resources for the Ecommerce CEO community.
- Ecommerce Business Plan Template: Organize your thoughts, while focusing on profitability.
- 50+ Product Niches For Ecommerce [Ebook]: Learn the basics of product market research.
- Ecommerce Business Startup Checklist: You’ll know exactly where to start and what to do next.
- Startup Cost Calculator (Fixed Costs): This calculator will help you understand the exact amount needed (minus inventory and labor) to start an ecommerce business.
- Product Profitability Calculator (Variable Costs): As you research products, come back to this tool, again and again, to make sure you have at least a 40% profit margin. I include every possible variable product cost so your profit margins won’t be blindsided later.
- Break Even Calculator: Use this calculator to determine the number of units you need to sell to achieve your targeted profit. The default is 0 profit, this tells you how many units you need to sell to break even.
There no magic tactic or product that can create a profitable ecommerce business out of thin air. Don’t get caught up in the smoke and mirrors. Use these resources together to understand the fundamentals of business.